The biggest drivers for an elevator modernization are increased reliability and performance combined with improved safety and aesthetics.
Is it time to modernize your elevator?
Timely professional maintenance will extend the life of your elevator, but there are warning signs that your elevator is reaching the end of its service life. Even if your elevator is old, but seems to be functioning alright, it may still be time for a modernization. If any of the following are true, it is time for you to consider modernization:
- Your elevator is more than 20 years old
- The cab smells like hydraulic oil, or is stuffy and not well ventilated
- The ride is noisy or jerky
- Service calls are increasing in frequency
- Repairs take longer and are becoming more expensive
- Tenants are complaining about the frequent shutdowns, long wait times for arrival, or the aesthetics of the elevator
What are the benefits of elevator modernization?
- Overall tenant satisfaction
- Increased building value
- Brings device up to current safety and fire codes
- Quieter operation
- Shorter wait times
- Increased ride comfort
- Shorter travel times
- Increased reliability
- Lower energy usage